Australia is an exciting country full of spirit, colour and contrast. It is a vast land of haunting beauty, natural wonders and unique wildlife.
Australia is tailor-made for almost anyone with a passion. Whether it be for adventure where there are dozens of National Parks offerering bushwalking, rock climbing, white water rafting, canoeing and abseiling. Or perhaps your interests lay with flora and fauna. No other continent has such a varied landscape with equally varied wildlife. From modern cosmopolitan cities to the rustic outback, everyone’s interests are catered for.
The Tropical North has an abundance of bird and wild life in rainforest havens, the unique Kakadu National Park, the Great Barrier Reef and the Red Centre – steeped in the history of Aboriginal Dreamtime, with legends that tell stories of a long time past – where Ayers Rock will haunt and mystify you as you watch the spectrum of colours unfold before your eyes at daybreak.
It’s all here! Australia offers the best of all seasons and being ‘downunder’ seasons are reversed to those in the Northern Hemisphere Depending on the time of year and the location, temperatures can vary greatly.
November through to March is warm to hot everywhere – humid with tropical rain in the north and mild nights in the south.
April through to September is beautiful in the northern and central areas – clear warm sunny days with cool and refreshing nights. At the same time in the south, snow falls in the highlands. It is cooler but there is still plenty of sun to be found in all areas.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge for breathtaking views of Sydney and beyond.
- Dive or snorkel on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
- Be a guest at a private winery tour and tasting in Australia’s premium wine regions of Margaret River and the Hunter and Barossa Valleys.
- Dine under the stars at Ayers Rock.
- Spot saltwater crocodiles on a cruise in the Kakadu Wetlands.
- Take in a performance at the Sydney Opera House.
- See kangaroos, koalas and other unique wildlife in their natural habitats on Kangaroo Island.
- Take a rental car and visit quaint and enchanting villages on the beautiful isle of Tasmania.
- Be humbled by prolific and ancient Aboriginal Rock Art sites in Arnhemland.
- Explore the majestic beehive domes of the Bungle Bungles by 4WD.
A few facts:
Population: Approximately 18 million people live on this island continent, which is almost the same size as mainland USA.
Sydney on the East Coast of Australia is 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.
Australians do not depend on tips or gratuities for their income and tips are not expected for normal service however, tipping in appreciation of extra-special service is at the discretion of the visitor and will be greatly appreciated.